App Volumes is the VMware application virtualization / layer product for virtual machines (VMs).
App Volumes refers to its application layers as App Stacks. These are virtual disks that contain everything needed to run the application, such as executable and Registry keys.
App volume Agent: App Volumes agent is responsible for merging the contents of the App Stacks with the file system and Windows Registry. As far as users are concerned, though, the applications contained within an App Stack are actually installed on the system
App volume – install, Configure, AppStack creation, provision
- Appvolume Manager installation
- Appvolume Manager configuration
- Prepare provisioning Virtual Machine
- Create AppStack
- Appstack provisioning
- AppStack assignment
- Install appvol agent on golden image
- Validate the application assignment on view desktop
- Create Linked clone view pool orRecompose the existing view pool to appvolume agent replicated to view desktops.
- View pool Entitlement
- Access View pool
- validating Appvolume against golden image
- Browse datastore to validate Winzip appstack VMDK attached to esxi host
Appvolume Manager installation
Appvolume Manager configuration
Prepare provisioning Virtual Machine
Install appvol agent on golden image
Create Linked clone view pool or Recompose the existing view pool to appvolume agent replicated to view desktops.
Create View pool
View pool Entitlement
Access View pool
validating Appvolume against golden image
Browse datastore to validate Winzip appstack VMDK attached to esxi host